You can add an announcement bar to your online store to display important information about your business.
You might add an announcement bar to highlight the following information:
- Any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments.
- Any new or updated policy pages
- Any promotions being offered at this time, such as sales or new gift cards.
To configure the announcement bar, follow these steps:
On your Shopify Admin dashboard, click Online Store > Themes.
On the Themes page, choose Concept theme and click on the theme's button Customize.
On the left-hand menu of the Home page, scroll down to the Header group > Announcement bar section.
You can hide or delete an announcement bar that you don't want to display on your online store by clicking the 'eye' icon.
you can reorder the announcement bar section and its block by clicking and dragging the ⋮⋮ icon.
The settings of Announcement bar section:
- Show social media icons - Displays social media icons that you've set up in your Theme settings.
- Enable language selector - Adds a selector where a customer can choose the countries and regions that you've enabled in your language settings, so that customers can browse your store in the language of their choice.
- Enable country/region selector - Adds a selector where a customer can choose the countries and regions that you've enabled in your payment settings, so that customers can view your product prices in the currency of their choice.
- Invert icons and selectors - Toggling this option will swap the positions of the icons and selectors in the browser. When the option is ticked, the icons will be on the right and the selectors will be on the left. When the option is not ticked, the icons and selectors will be in their original positions.
- Desktop announcement position - The position of the desktop announcement can be set to Left, Center or Right. This position will be automatically optimized for mobile devices.
- Auto-rotate announcement - Sets the carousel to play automatically. This also adds a play toggle button.
- Change every - The display time of your announcements can be set from 3 seconds to 10 seconds, depending on your preference.
- Show navigation - Displays navigation buttons.
- Colors - Can adjust Text, Background, Background gradient and Highlight gradient colors.
- Make section full width: Makes the section the full width of the browser window.
Under Announcement bar section, you can configure your settings with up to three Announcement blocks.
The Announcement block's settings:
- Icon- Selects the icon of the block in the dropdown list.
- Text- Adds the block text for desktop.
- Link- Inserts URL you want the announcement to link to.
- Hide icon on mobile- Enables to hide icon on mobile.
- Text on mobile- Adds the block text for mobile.
- Highlighted text- You can format your text in Highlighted text and Highlighted scribble.
- Once you have finished configuring all of the settings, click the Save button to complete the process.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions or concerns about this feature, please do not hesitate to contact our team for support.