You can add a section to your product pages that displays an automatically-generated list of product recommendations. Displaying recommended products to customers makes it easier for them to discover new products, and can help to increase online store sales.
The heading and layout of the product recommendations section are determined by your theme.
Understanding product recommendations
Product recommendations are based on products that are commonly purchased together or products in related collections. Product recommendations become more accurate over time as more order and product information becomes available.
Learn more about the data used for product recommendations from the Shopify theme development documentation.
Customizing product recommendations
Product recommendations is a section on your product page in Online Store 2.0 themes. You can customize the appearance of your product recommendations to include the title, price, vendor, and a short description, or remove it entirely from your product pages. You can have only one product recommendation section.
When you add product recommendations, you can choose which information to display. The theme blocks available for product recommendations are Title, Price, Short description, and Vendor.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
- Open the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Select Products > Default product to load the template in the theme editor.
- Do one of the following:
- If your product page has a product recommendations section, then click Product recommendation.
- If your product page doesn't have a product recommendations section, click + Add section and then select Product recommendations.
- Click + Add block, and then select the blocks that you want to display to your customers.
- Click Save.
You can disable product recommendations by clicking the eye symbol. Disabling product recommendations hides the section from your product listing, but doesn't delete it.