Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in 2018 within the EU, the online privacy of individuals in the regions has been thoughtfully considered and protected. All websites now must show cookies consent pop-ups to all internet users in the European Union, so they can actively choose to whether accept or decline the tracking cookies.
This article will show you how to create the cookie banner to collect customer consent on Concept theme.
How to set up the cookie banner
On your Shopify Admin dashboard, click Online Store > Themes.
On the Themes page, choose Concept theme and click on the theme's button Customize.
On the left-hand menu of the Home page, scroll down to the Overlay group > Cookie banner section.
In the Cookie banner section, you can add different blocks such as text, buttons and edit/format content for these blocks as you want to show to customers.
Click on the Cookie banner section to configure different attributes.
The Cookie banner settings:
- Display mode - There are two options which are Enable, and Test mode. If you choose 'Test mode', the cookie banner always displays for your review. When satisfied with the look, you switch to 'Enable'.
- Delay - You can set the delay time to display the banner after loading the home page. The minimum delay time is 2 seconds, and the maximum is 60 seconds. Please note that the delay attribute is disabled in the theme editor, so you cannot see it applied when editing.
- Text alignment - You can align the text horizontally on the Left, Center or Right.
- Content position - You can place the cookie banner at the Bottom Left or Right.
- Colors - You can choose colors for the cookie banner's text, background, highlight, button text, button background and button background gradient per your preference.
Shopify lets you choose the customer consent collection method in Online Stores > Preferences > Customer Privacy from its main menu, so remember to set this up besides cookie banner settings in Concept theme as well.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions or concerns about this feature, please do not hesitate to contact our team for support.